home about projects services contact

Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello Santa...

Today is transition day. Time to put away all of the fall décor – turkeys, pumpkins, fall leaves, etc.


Say hello to Santa, snowmen, poinsettias and garland!

Vintage Santa Claus

Yes, it is time to drag out all of the holiday decorations and begin to “deck the halls” as they say. In my rush to get everything done quickly, I tend to decorate the same every year. This year I am planning to take my time and use all of my favorite Christmas décor in new and different ways.


Today I plan to work on my front porch and found some great inspiration photos to get me motivated.


Front door wreaths…

Pinned Image

I like the way these 3 wreathes are lined up vertically on the single door.

Christmas wreaths

How about using different colored ball ornaments instead of the traditional greenery?

christmas wreaths

Square wreaths are another fun way to switch up the front door décor.

Pinned Image

I have double front doors and like the look of these side by side holiday wreaths.The Gift Box Topiaries are very fun and festive!

I also plan to use some large lanterns on the porch. I had them filled with pumpkins for fall. Now they will look perfect with candles, ornaments, and pine cones.

Pinned Image



lantern with ornaments and poinsettas cg


Pinned Image


Have you started decorating your home for the holidays? What is your favorite front porch decor?
images via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10