home about projects services contact

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grad Party Invitations...


More graduation party plans going on around here. Today I want share with the you the how to on my homemade party invitations.

We decided to throw a Graduation Celebration for our oldest son, who is graduating from high school in June. He will be heading off to college in September and we thought a backyard party, for all of our family and friends, would be a perfect way to acknowledge and celebrate all of his success so far!

My first stop was browsing Pinterest for ideas and inspiration. I knew I wanted to keep it simple, and incorporate his school colors of Red & Black. Next stop, head to Michaels Craft Store for all the supplies needed. After browsing the aisles, with no exact design in mind, I found a few items that sent me in the perfect direction…

image

Red and white card stock and the cutest little stickers and washi style crafting tape in black will be perfect…

image

I determined that the red card stock could be cut into 4 even pieces and would be the perfect size to fit into the announcement envelopes. Then I printed out the party info onto the white card stock - placing 4 copies onto each page. Using my craft cutter, I cut out each invite, carefully measuring to be sure they would fit correctly onto the red backround…

image

image

Now for the fun part…embellishing the invite with the craft tape. I placed a strip of the banner style tape across the top, and a strip of the Congrats! along the bottom of each invitation – wrapping the excess around the back…

image

image

This tape was so quick and easy to use. Next I used a couple of strips of double sided tape to attach the white card on top of the red card stock. Now, time to add the raised ribbon sticker to the corner…

image

image

I purposely made the party invites the right size to just slip into his graduation announcements. After assembling the announcements, I slipped an invite into each one and sent them out last week!

image

image

We are looking forward to celebrating this wonderful milestone in my son’s life. I still find it hard to believe that he is heading off to college in just a few short months! In the meantime, we will enjoy this party with all of our dear family and friends.

Have you ever made your own invitations or cards? What are your favorite materials to use in making cards and paper crafts?


Linking up to...How to Nest for Less, Home Stories AtoZ, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Uncommon Designs, Savvy Southern Style, Serenity Now, The Shabby Nest, Addicted to Decorating, Stuff & Nonsense, Redoux, Chic on a Shoestring, At the Picket Fence, Classy Clutter



4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic. Love the idea of putting them with the formal announcement. Our oldest designed her sister's invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, Laura. You did such a great job on these. They tie in so nicely with his school but simple and classic. I'm thinking about doing my daughter's birthday party invites myself this time around. I've done a few paper crafts but nothing super exciting recently. I do love the decorative edged scissors, and I always scout out free printables too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I'm definitely going to use your idea. We decided not to order graduation announcements for our daughter, who graduates in two weeks, since we only needed a few and the minimum order was way too many. I have been looking for a way to send something to family and friends and this is it!
    Have a great weekend!
    P.S.: I found your post at Serenity Now's Weekend Bloggy Reading Party.
    Karin
    www.cookingwithkarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card! I love your ideas on your crafts.. I like the decorative tape you used. Overall, those were indeed simple yet elegant graduation invitations. I'd love to use your ideas for my inspiration in creating my own invites.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10