home about projects services contact

Monday, July 16, 2012

Guest Posting and a sneak peek…


Good Morning…today I am guest posting over at The Mustard Ceiling. A few weeks ago Elizabeth asked me if I would guest post on her blog while she was taking a well deserved vacation…this is one busy blogger!…and I said “Yes!” of course.

Stop by The Mustard Ceiling to see my Adirondack Chair makeover…and take a few minutes to browse around. I am sure you will love her blog as much as I do!

I also want to give you a little sneak peek of my bedroom stool project I posted about here.


image


I found these two tables at a yard sale last fall and I am going to give them a makeover and use them as stools at the foot of my bed. I ordered some fabric for the cushions and finally received it this week…


image


Here is a close up of the Duralee fabric from Fabric.com. The pattern is loop-de-loop in smoke…and I love the way it coordinates with my paisley bedding.

In order to make these one time end tables function as stools I will need a few things.
Some foam pads for the seat cushions and also a plywood base…check!


image


Here is a little peek at what they will look like as stools…


image


I like it! Now to just prime, paint, and cover the cushions and they will be ready for their reveal…stay tuned!


7 comments:

  1. Going to check out your guest post. I love the fabric you chose for the stools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Just found you from the Mustard Ceiling! I'm liking your fabric for your stools! Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that fabric, what a perfect coordinate with your bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for this reveal! I know they are going to be gorgeous...

    -Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading over to your post! And LOVE the fabric you choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good score and I love the fabric with the rest of your room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric you chose - looks really nice with your other patterns you have on your bedding. Looking forward to seeing the finished product - what a find too. We have a bench at the end of our bed and I really wish we had two stools like this that we could move around when necessary. {Maybe in our next house -ha}

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10