home about projects services contact

Friday, August 24, 2012

Powder Room Wallpaper…


I first shared pictures of my downstairs powder room in this post, here is another shot of this little 1/2 bath…


image
 
 
I mentioned in that post that I was considering a bold wallpaper for this space. Then, the other day as I was reading some favorite blogs and came across this photo…
 
 
Sara Richardson via HGTV
 
 
And it got me thinking about wallpaper all over again! I love the bird and tree motif in this wallpaper, and think it would be a fun addition to my powder room. Not that I need to add another project to my current “to do” list, but I am definitely going to move this idea up a few notches!
 
Here are some other amazing bathrooms featuring bold and beautiful wallpaper… 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After doing a little online research, I found the source for the bird wallpaper…
 
 
 
 
It is from Schumacher and the pattern name is A-Twitter…cute! Using wallpaper in a small space like a powder bath is the perfect place to go big and bold. This paper would bring life to the space without weighing it down too much. I think it would look great paired with the white wainscot and trim. 
 
So tell me…what do you think? Are you a fan of  wallpaper in a bathroom? Would you go big and bold?
 
 
 
 
image sources – 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9
 
 
 
 
 

































6 comments:

  1. Agreed. It will be a little jewel! :)
    Love the bird wallpaper.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird wallpaper! It's so cute! I wish I was brave enough to make that kind of statement, but if you're going to do it...the powder room is definitely the place. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went big and bold with the wallpaper in my powder room and I'm so glad I did! It gave our little room so much personality! Love the bird wallpaper...sophisticated yet whimsical. Do it, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a wallpaper fan, but I love this bird wallpaper! I think a small room is great for going bold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd do it! The print is really nice and I agree that it'll look great with all the white that's already in there!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10