home about projects services contact

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Count your blessings, meet new friends, and exercise your rights!


Since we are well into November, it was definitely time to change out my chalkboard canvas with some Thanksgiving art…


image
Sorry for the fuzzy i-phone pic!
 
 
 
image
 
 
I quickly drew this simple quote and fall inspired border to remind us to celebrate the season for the right reasons! We can all get so busy this time of year, it is easy to forget to slow down and remember what is most important.
 
 
I am feeling extra blessed these days for the new friends in my life. As I mentioned in my last post seen here, I am joining Carrie at her art studio/gift shop Hip Chick Designs. To kick this union off in style, we headed out to the amazing Alameda Antiques Fair and Flea Market last Sunday. Here we are ready to attack the day…
 
 
image
 
 
Unbelievably, this was my first time to this incredible flea market and it was a glorious day in the Bay Area. As we were walking in, I could not help but notice the beautiful San Francisco skyline as our backdrop for the day…
 
 
image
 
 
I am not sure I was completely ready for the shopping senses overload I was about to experience! Rows and rows of booths, filled with amazing finds and treasures…
 
 
image
 
 
The experienced shoppers came with rolling baskets, and the more aggressive buyers even had their own rolling furniture carts…
 
 
image
 
 
Besides looking for fun things to buy, I was on a mission to find some of my blogging friends over in booth Q3. A few days before the fair, I contacted Lane from Urban Orchard Interiors, and Camille from The Vintique Object to find out where they would be set up selling some of their fabulous items.
 
I have been following their blogs for a while so it was fun to meet them and see some of their beautiful and clever creations in person…
 
 
image
me and Camille from The Vintique Object
 
 
image
Camille and Lane from Urban Orchard Interiors
 
 
image
Camille, Lane, and the adorable Wendy – Camille’s partner in “crime”
 
 
Camille and Wendy also have an Etsy store called Claremont Finders Keepers. When they are not prepping and loading U-haul trailers to head to the Alameda Flea Market, they sell their upcycled and vintage finds there…check it out!
 
 
All in all, it was a fun day of shopping, visiting, and just enjoying the beautiful blue sky day and Bay Area views. We even filled our own rolling baskets with a few treasures…
 
 
image
 
 
Finally, since it is Nov. 6, 2012…I am headed out to exercise my right to vote!


I voted sticker
 
 
 
Enjoy your busy day!
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! We were at Baylor for homecoming and I got to meet up with Michaela (Michaela Noelle Designs), so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! Someday I'll make the treck out to see Lane and Camille in action. We can all have a big party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day and looks like you did quite well! Can't wait to see what you bought. It was so fun to meet you and Carrie--thanks so much for coming by our booth. I look forward to seeing more of the both of you!

    Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first of many treasure hunts, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do I begin? First, congrats on the new venture - it sounds really exciting. Everything happens for a reason you know. And I'm even more excited that you got to meet Camille and Lane - how fun. Congrats again Laura and looking forward to hearing/reading more about your new venture w/ Carrie.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10